AFL SportsReady believes in a fair and united Australia, where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have the same opportunities and access to education, training and employment as other Australians.
We are committed to ‘closing the gap’ by offering a number of jobs/traineeships specifically for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Our 12-month traineeships are ‘apprenticeships for the office’, combining full-time work with study. It’s the ideal mix of:
- Practical experience in the workplace
- Formal qualification (Certificate II, III, IV and Diploma level)
However, we acknowledge that Indigenous Australians can face many challenges at the beginning and throughout their career journey. To help mitigate these difficulties, we provide all our Indigenous trainees with a personal ‘support team’, which includes.
- AN EXCLUSIVE INDIGENOUS MENTOR provides personal and career pathway support.
- A DEDICATED FIELD OFFICER to assist the work placement and ensure success.
- AN EDUCATOR / TEACHER provides the education component of the traineeship
Our trainees and partners are supported every step of the way, which creates a productive working environment.
Our traineeships are typically entry-level opportunities and are primarily aimed at:
- Indigenous Australians
- Both male and females
- Young Australians aged between 16-21 years old
- High school students in year 10, 11 or 12
- Recent high school graduates or leavers