Are you an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander high school student or recent school leaver aged between 16-21 years old? An AFL SportsReady traineeship may be the opportunity you’re looking for to start your education, employment or training career!
Warumilang traineeships support First Nations peoples to identify meaningful employment opportunities that create rewarding experiences and support First Nations peoples to thrive in their careers by bringing new perspectives, values and capabilities to the workforce.
We are committed to ‘closing the gap’ by offering a number of jobs/traineeships specifically for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our traineeships combine full-time work with study. It’s the ideal mix of:
- Practical experience in the workplace
- Formal qualification (Certificate II – IV)
We offer the following types of traineeships:
- Full-time: 12-month placement in an organisation
- Part-time: 2-year placement in an organisation
- School-based: 2-year placement in an organisation working approximately one day a week (depending on your state requirement) whilst completing senior school