Come and work with us
At AFL SportsReady, we believe that education and employment are vital for people to participate fully in society. Our vision is for people to have a real chance to start their careers with confidence, qualifications and skills.
We’re always on the hunt for good people, so if this sounds something you’d like to be a part of, either apply for one of the jobs we have on offer or send us an expression of interest and we’ll keep you in mind for future positions.
We’ve come a long way since we started back in 1994, but our core values have always held true. We’re very proud of our history and the people that have helped us to get where we are today. The values that underpin everything that we do are:
- RESPECT: We listen to and learn from others, and treat people well.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive for excellence in all that we do.
- PRIDE: We have pride in what we do and where we work
- ETHICS: We are ethical in our decision-making and our behaviour.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We do what we say we will do.
- TEAM: We work together and support each other.
We’re a highly diverse team who come from many different walks of life. We believe that this diversity of people and motivations is one of our biggest strengths. That’s why we shape our benefits to be as diverse as we are, so there’s something for everyone, no matter what you value most.
- FLEXIBILITY: Time and again our people tell us that our flexibility is one of the best parts of working for AFL SR. We have a range of flexible working arrangements and options that can be tailored to suit your life and commitments. As long as you get the outcomes, we’re willing to support different ways of doing things.
- IMPACT: We’re passionate about what we do and the opportunity to make a positive impact in our communities and for people. We work in a challenging environment, but we are steadfast in our passion and commitment to contribute to a more positive Australia for all people.
- COMMUNITY: Our social calendar is pretty busy and includes plenty of food, drinks and events. We don’t mind a celebration and have a regular calendar of internal and external events throughout the year.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT & GROWTH: We believe in giving our staff plenty of autonomy and opportunity as part of their roles. We foster a culture where proactive people are given plenty of room to challenge themselves and grow. We’re always on the lookout for new ways to develop and grow our people, and to give them the opportunity to build new skills and capabilities.
- RECONCILIATION ACTION PLAN: As well as helping to create education and employment opportunities externally, as a company we are equally committed to growing our internal Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce. Over 20% of our staff identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
- REWARD AND RECOGNITION: Our reward and recognition programs are tailored to reward our people in the ways that they value most. Not everyone loves the public acknowledgement and the free gift card, so we make sure we celebrate our people in a variety of ways.
- LEAVE: AFL SportsReady is one big family environment, but we also want to support people to spend time with their own. We have 5 weeks of annual leave per year (4 weeks with a leave loading and one as gratis leave), and generous parental, carers, cultural and study leave arrangements. AFL SR genuinely cares about balance and family, and we walk the talk by formalising it within our company policies.
Find out more about AFL SportsReady
AFL SportsReady is about working with a diverse and passionate group of people who are all committed to making a positive difference through our education and employment programs. Want to learn more about what we do? Visit Latest News
FIND OUT MORE