Our AFL Industry Courses are available to AFL/AFLW players, club staff, coaches and the football industry. They have been designed to meet the needs of the AFL Industry and to provide a pathway for people to develop their careers across the AFL industry.
Courses are delivered online and consist of a combination of live Zoom workshops and online readings and activities. Zoom workshops are recorded and available in the online portal for viewing after the workshop so if you are unable to attend the day/time of the Zoom workshop, you can still complete the course.
If you are interested in our courses, please fill out the appropriate Online Expression of Interest Form below and once we have details confirmed for new courses or new intakes, information will be sent out.
2021 EOI Form for Executive Certificate Player Development – this course has been postponed to 2021
2021 EOI Form for Professional Certificate Player Agent
2020 EOI Form for all other AFL Executive Courses
The following courses will be our first intakes of AFL Industry Courses for February/March 2021
- Professional Certificate in AFL List Management – 24 Feb & 3 March 2021
- Professional Certificate in AFL Recruiting 10 & 17 March 2021
- Advanced Certificate in Identifying and Developing Young AFL Talent – 5th May 2021
For detailed information about the courses and download a brochure, click on the links below.
> COURSES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
> COURSES FOR AFL CLUBS ONLY
The AFL sends information on these courses directly to clubs in the later part of the year, and application is made through nomination by your club.
Professional Certificate in Football Administration
The AFL is committed to investing in the education and professional development of their industry leaders. The Professional Certificate (Football Administration) has been designed to prepare and extend potential and current football administrators within the AFL. The Professional Certificate (Football Administration) requires attendance at a 2 day intensive, completion of selected online pre-readings and completion of written assessment task.
Executive Certificate in AFL Management (Football Operations and List Management)
The AFL is committed to investing in the education and professional development of their industry leaders. The Executive Certificate in AFL Management has been designed to establish a high performing cohort of Football Operations Managers and List Managers within the AFL and subsequently:
– Set standards for future leaders aspiring to progress into senior Operations roles
– Ensure there is a pool of talented leaders ready to assume future senior roles
– Reinforce the AFL Industry as a leader in the way it develops and invests in its people. Upon completion of the Executive Certificate in AFL Management (Football Operations & List Management), participants will be eligible for 1 unit of credit, towards a Masters of Management through La Trobe University.
PLEASE NOTE: The Professional Certificate runs on years that end with an even number (2016 | 2018) and the Executive Certificate runs in years that end with an odd number (2017 | 2019)
All AFL Industry Courses are conducted under the rules outlined in the Conditions of Enrolment.