AFL SportsReady, through the Cadetship Program, provides assistance to Indigenous Australians to ensure you succeed in completing your studies and gain practical work experience that develops essential workplace skills in your chosen field.
Successful students will be able to receive a Study Allowance of up to $12,000 (GST exclusive) and a Book and Equipment Allowance of up to $1,000 (GST exclusive) per year.
To apply for a Cadetship, there are some eligibility requirements, please check below to see if you are eligible for the Cadetship Program.
To be eligible for a Cadetship, a student must:
- be of Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- identify as an Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander;
- be accepted as an Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which they live, or has lived;
- be enrolled for full-time study (defined as at least 75% of the full-time study load) occurring on campus at a university located in Australia;
- be enrolled for their first undergraduate degree course;
- be an Australian resident; and
- have signed an employment contract for a minimum of 10 weeks work per annum.
A student is not eligible for a Cadetship if they:
- have previously completed a Cadetship;
- had a previous Cadetship terminated;
- are studying part-time (unless in their final year, semester of study);
- are studying for 12 months or less (unless they are in the final year of study);
- are studying for one (1) semester or less;
- have already completed an Undergraduate degree;
- are undertaking a foundation or bridging course;
- are undertaking study overseas that is not part of their Australian university enrolment;
- are proposing to defer any part of his or her study;
- take longer to complete a degree than normal
- enrolled in a block release arrangement; or
- enrolled in a distance learning study arrangement (off-campus).
Express Your Interest
If you are interested and eligible, please complete the Expression of Interest
> DOWNLOAD: Cadetship Expression of Interest Form
> RETURN TO: [email protected]
The Cadetship Process
If you have any further queries or would like some further information please call 03 8413 3560 to speak to the Cadetship team.