5 reasons why you should study sports leadership
Alex Jovanovski, a former graduate of the Sports Leadership Program is now working full-time as the Match Day Manager at the Werribee Football Club where he completed his course placement.
We ask Alex what is his secret to success as he highlights his top 5 reasons why the Sport Leadership Program helped him break into the sports industry:
- It set me up for a career in sport! I not only gained a year of AFL industry experience, I also completed a Diploma of Sport Development and Certificate IV in Business. It was the perfect balance of work experience and study.
- It gave me a pathway option to further study through La Trobe University, a partner of AFL SportsReady.
- The educators and guest speakers were really engaging and supportive and always on hand to assist with course work when needed.
- I’ve come out ahead of the game, not just in what I know and the experience I gained but with the AFL industry networks I made throughout the year.
- This program has given me the direction I needed. I’ve always loved the AFL but now I have completed this program, I am certain that this is the industry I want to work in for the rest of my life.
Aside from working full time at Werribee Football Club Alex is also in the process of completing a double degree in Bachelor of Business Management and Sports Management and Marketing at La Trobe University.
‘I compare myself now to all the other students in my course and I am better placed in terms of employment with the industry networks and contacts I have made through the Sports Leadership Program,’ Alex added.
Applications are now open for the 2016 intake for the Sport Leadership Program.
Click here for more details.