WHAT ARE TRAINEESHIPS?
Traineeships are very similar to a regular full-time job and are the most cost-effective way to hire a motivated, entry-level employee.
Think of a traineeship as a 12 month, try before you buy, ‘appreciticeship for the office’, that combines full-time work with a little bit of study. It’s the ideal mix of:
- Practical experience in the workplace
- Formal qualification (Certificate II, III, IV and Diploma level)
- Opportunity to build a network of industry contacts
Our traineeships are primarily aimed at:
- Both male and females
- Young Australians aged between 16-21 years old
- High school students in year 10, 11 or 12
- Recent high school graduates or leavers
- Non-indigenous and Indigenous Australians
- Culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
HOW DO TRAINEESHIPS WORK?
For over 20 years we have partnered with some of the most successful organisations across Australia, like yours.
Our partners (or host employers) are constantly looking to recruit new talent and we help fill these roles with entry-level applicants. We match applicants and partners, and if they are the right fit for the role, they will work on-site with our partners, contributing to organisational objectives.
We remain the legal employer and provide all the support services behind the scenes. All trainees are allocated a personal AFL SportsReady staff member(s) to help support and guide them through the traineeship. We ensure our trainees are fully supported every step of the way, which means they perform better in their roles.
Our partnership approach aims to create positive outcomes for:
|PARTNERS / HOST EMPLOYERS
||ENTRY LEVEL TRAINEES
- A talented and motivated employee
- An attractive bottom-line
- Increased productivity
- The satisfaction of helping someone begin their career
- A nationally recognised qualification
- On the job training
- Paid workplace experience
- An established network of key contacts
- The opportunity to start a career
Trainees are allocated up to 3 hours per week to work towards their formal qualification as part of the traineeship, which can be tailored to what they are learing on the job.
Our traineeship options include:
- Full-time Traineeship: 12 months, Certificate III, IV & Diploma (38 hours a week)
- Part-time Traineeship: 2 years, Certificate III, IV & Diploma (min 15 hours per week)
- School-based Traineeship: 2 Years, Certificate II & III (Working 1 day per week)
IT’S A WIN WIN FOR BOTH HOST EMPLOYERS AND TRAINEES.