For employers, the benefits are:
- A talented and motivated employee
- An attractive bottom-line
- Increased productivity
- The satisfaction of helping someone begin their career
For the young person the benefits are:
- A nationally recognised qualification
- On the job training
- Paid workplace experience
- An established network of key contacts
- The opportunity to start a career
There is also funding available from the Australian Government to help you hire a trainee/apprentice.
The Australian Government’s Boosting Apprenticeship Commencement (BAC) initiative has been extended until 31 March 2022 and eligible businesses will receive a subsidy of 50% of the wages paid to an eligible apprentice/trainee who commence their apprenticeship or traineeship between 5 October 2020 and 31 March 2022 to a maximum of $7,000 per BAC quarter. This initiative is designed to help your business recover from the impact of COVID-19 whilst also helping young people find a job.