Would you like to build your work experience, skills and confidence? If so, then an AFL SportsReady Traineeship can help you kick start your future career.
AFL SportsReady is committed to providing employment opportunities to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We are currently recruiting for entry level positions in major banks (ANZ, NAB, CBA, and Westpac), corporate enterprises (Australia Post, Officeworks, K-Mart, Telstra,) and a variety of AFL clubs and creative arts organisations. These entry level positions are full-time, part-time and school-based traineeships.
Visit the AFL SportsReady Job Board, to view all of our current opportunities.
AFL SportsReady’s Indigenous Traineeships are a great way for young people to receive an income, learn new skills and open doors to career opportunities. We offer two types of Indigenous Traineeships:
- SCHOOL BASED TRAINEESHIPS: School Based Traineeships are an opportunity to gain work experience and complete a nationally accredited qualification whilst undertaking your secondary school studies. A Traineeship counts towards the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank, and provides a brilliant practical learning experience.
- FULL TIME TRAINEESHIPS: Full time Traineeships provide an opportunity to build work experience, skills and confidence whilst studying for a nationally accredited qualification.
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
Hear how a traineeship can make all the difference in a young person’s life:
AFL SportsReady’s latest success story, Kaisee Neutert is building her career and getting valuable work experience via a school-based traineeship at Australia Post.
Proud Wemba Wemba man, Peter Dye, is kicking career goals through his work as an AFL SportsReady trainee at the Dandenong Stingrays and starting the first ever Koori Auskick.
BENEFITS OF A TRAINEESHIP
ALL OUR TRAINEES WILL:
- EARN the national training wage while you learn
- Take the first steps of your CAREER in an industry of your choice
- Obtain on-the-job training and ESSENTIAL work experience
- Complete a nationally recognised QUALIFICATION (Certificate II, III, & IV)
- DIRECT ENTRY to our University partners + course credit (Diploma)*
- Be SUPPORTED every step of the way
OUR INDIGENOUS TRAINEES ALSO BENEFIT FROM:
- One-to-one Indigenous MENTORING
- GATHERINGS and Indigenous networks
- LEADERSHIP and cultural awareness workshops
- MOTIVATIONAL speakers
To find out more, please download our Indigenous Traineeship Flyer.
* Conditions apply, visit aflsportsready.com.au for details
Indigenous school based traineeship positions with Australia Post, NAB and Wetpac are closing on MONDAY, 15 SEPTEMBER. To apply, all applicants must download and complete our Expression of Interest form and send to:
E: [email protected]
F:  9417 1697
If you are or know of any Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people that may be interested in this program please contact us on 03 8413 3500.