JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR ABORIGINAL & TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER PEOPLE
AFL SportsReady is committed to ‘closing the gap’ through education and employment opportunities. We offer a number of jobs specifically for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We acknowledge that a traineeship will probably be your first job, straight out of school, and sometimes the transition from school to the workforce can be difficult. To help ease the transition, we provide all our Indigenous trainees with a personal ‘support team’.
Your personal support team includes:
- AN EXCLUSIVE INDIGENOUS MENTOR to discuss any career or personal issues
- A DEDICATED FIELD OFFICER to assist you throughout your work placement
- AN EDUCATOR / TEACHER to help you graduate with a qualification
There are many benefits to completing a traineeship. As a trainee, here is what you get:
- GET A CAREER: Find your future with a 12-month traineeship (could be part-time)
- GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
- GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with one of our partners
- GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
- GET EDUCATED: Combine work with study (Certificate III, IV &/or Diploma)
- GET SUPPORTED: Your personal AFL SportsReady staff member supports you every step of the way
- GET INVITATIONS: to gatherings, workshops and leadership sessions with other Indigenous trainees.
- GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners*
- GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Key Contacts
*Conditions apply: Direct entry + course credit is exclusively for trainees completing our Diploma level courses. Please visit the University Partners section of the website and select your preferred University to view the specific partnership details.