AFL SportsReady invites nominations from host employers for the annual Trainee of the Year Award and First Nations Trainee of the Year Award which will be presented in March/April next year. To nominate a high performing trainee, employers must complete and submit the form below.
These awards acknowledge outstanding trainees or apprentices who have exhibited exceptional commitment and abilities in their role. The award is designed to recognise a high performing trainee and showcase achievements or challenges they have overcome throughout their time in the workplace.
A trainee or apprentice is eligible for the nomination when some of the following has been achieved:
- Successfully completed a Traineeship or Apprenticeship (compulsory)
- Demonstrated an exceptional work ethic
- Worked well with others in the workplace
- Demonstrated initiative in their role
- Been an inspirational role model to other trainees or students
- Gone above and beyond in the work they have undertaken
- Demonstrated outstanding achievements
- Overcome any challenges throughout their Traineeship or Apprenticeship.
To be nominated, the trainee or apprentice must have completed or is due to complete their training in the period 1 April 2021 –31 March 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: if you would like to nominate more than one trainee, please submit this form again with the additional trainee’s details.
For a trainee to be considered for the 2022 award, the online form had to be completed by 5 PM, Tuesday 15 February 2022. if you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please email [email protected]