AFL SportsReady and Metro North Health have 5 Cadetship opportunities available at Metro North Health’s Herston Health Precinct
Are you a university student interested in Finance, HR or Procurement? Want experience within an organisation known as a world class leader in innovation, education, research, training and clinical care? Apply now!
What is a Cadetship?
The Indigenous Cadetship Program provides opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander university students to attain work skills aligned with their qualification and professional employment aspirations. This is offered as an identified training position, in a fixed term temporary part time position as a Queensland Health Employee. Cadets will be placed in HR, Finance or Procurement across the Metro North Health and are coordinated in partnership with Group Training Organisation, AFL SportsReady, ensuring access to a broad support network.
To complete the program, 12 weeks (equivalent to 60 days or 456 hours) of paid work are to be undertaken. This is managed around university commitments and operational requirements of the host department. For example, some Cadets may like to work one day a week during university semester and fulltime during the semester holiday period.
- Professional and practical paid industry experience
- Opportunities to establish an industry network
- Access to an Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander mentor
- Over the course of the program, Cadets will be paid a $12,000 Commonwealth Government Cadetship Allowance, plus $1,000 for books and equipment (in addition to the wage)
- Cadets are entitled to accrue and take leave as any Metro North employee would.
- Pay: $26.69 per hour + super
- Although the Cadetship is a fixed-term contract, Metro North is committed to assisting you to find employment.
Am I eligible?
To be considered for a Cadetship you must meet the following criteria:
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, and be accepted as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which he/she lives or has lived,
- be enrolled for full-time study (at least 75% of the full-time study load) on campus at a university located in Australia, for their first undergraduate degree studying Bachelor of Business or equivalent,
- be commencing their final or second last year of study in 2021, and
- be an Australian resident
Under s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Contact information and how to apply
Please click “apply now” to submit your application.
For further information please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0457 772 600