ABOUT THE ROLE
AFL SportsReady currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in the [Science Resarch] industry. As the successful applicant, you will:
• Be employed by AFL SportsReady
• Work on-site with [University of Sydney]
• Study for an accredited qualification: [Certificate III Land Conservation and Management]
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
• GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with [University of Sydney]
• GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
• GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
• GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
• GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners (Conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
• GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
If you are an Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive on-on-one mentoring support and networking opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides farm and technical support and assistance to researchers, students and other technical staff in the Indigenous Food project
• Assist with the delivery of programs and services
• Maintains the farm workplace ensuring that the research, learning and teaching requirements of the work area are suitably met.
• Ensures farm is compliant with Workplace Health and Safety requirements
• Prepares reporting and documentation, including ethics reporting, for the work area
• Undertakes ad-hoc projects and other activities
• Good time management / organisational skills
• Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
• Capacity to problem-solve
• Attention to detail
• Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
This position requires a Working with Children Check. If successful, AFL SportsReady will assist in your application.
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
• National Training Wage Award + 9.5% Superannuation
• Fully funded qualification
People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
Position is best suited to a(n):
• Recent secondary school leaver
• Indigenous Australian
Applications for this position will close: [FRIDAY , 23 / 08 / 2019], 5PM and must include:
• A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and your career ambitions.
• A resume / CV
Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply for this position.
This action is by virtue of a section 126 exemption granted by the Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW