Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply for this position. This action constitutes a special measure under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic)
AFL SportsReady believes in a fair and united Australia, where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have the same opportunities and access to education, training and employment as other Australians. Through Warumilang, (AFL SportsReady’s Indigenous Program), our vision is to provide opportunities for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to start their careers with confidence, qualifications and skills.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Warumilang currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in social media.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• Be employed by AFL SportsReady, as part of our Warumilang program.
• Work on-site with AFL SportsReady
• Study for an accredited qualification: Cert III in Business
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career into employment or business. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
- Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
- Real work-place experience with AFL SportsReady
- Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
- Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Mentors, Field Officers, and Educators) will support you every step of the way
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Working closely with the Content and Social Media Coordinator, you will:
- Assist in the management of multiple social media accounts with the aim to increase engagement, following and traffic to website
- Help create creative content on Facebook and Instagram
- Help us improve our connection with community through meaningful content and story telling
- Assist in the reporting of social media advertising campaigns
- Be actively involved in meetings and discussions to assist in the planning of campaigns, compare results and provide insights and expertise
- Brainstorm new ideas and tactics to help drive engagement across all social media channels
- Assist in updating the website via WordPress
- General administration duties
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
$19,000 – $25,000+9.5 % Superannuation
- National Training Wage Award
- Fully Funded Qualification
- People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
- This position is best suited to a recent secondary school leaver.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Identified Role.
Applications for this position will close:
March 14, 2021 – unless filled sooner
All applications must include:
The applications for this job are closed.