Warumilang, in partnership with Rio Tinto is seeking applicants for their First Nations Cadetship Programme.
The Rio Tinto Cadetship Programme supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to complete their undergraduate degree, and gain professional work experience within the organisation. Cadets are provided with a study allowance, and 10 weeks of paid work as part of the programme.
We are seeking applications from students in the following fields:
Engineering & Mathematics:
Chemical, civil, control systems, electrical, geotechnical, mechanical, mechatronic, metallurgy, reliability and asset management, mining, data science and software engineering.
Geology, geoscience, hydrology, hydrogeology, earth sciences, surveying, ecology, archaeology, anthropology, occupational health and safety (risk), psychology (human factors).
Accounting, business, finance, economics, management, human resource management, communications, supply chain management
- Professional and practical paid industry experience
- Opportunities to establish an industry network
- Access to an Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander mentor
- Cadet receives up to $12,000 Study Allowance paid in fortnightly instalments over the university year
- Cadet receives up to $500 Book and Equipment each semester
Am I eligible?
Positions are open to students all around Australia. To be considered for a Cadetship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be of Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Identify as an Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Be accepted as an Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which they live or have lived
- Be enrolled for full-time study (defined as at least 75% of the full-time study load) occurring on campus at a university located in Australia
- Be enrolled in their first undergraduate degree course
- Be an Australian resident
Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are eligible to apply for this position. This action constitutes an equal opportunity measure by virtue of section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
How to apply
Please complete the form below to submit your application.
To find out more, please contact The Warumilang Team at AFL SportsReady: [email protected]
The applications for this job are closed.