AFL SportsReady currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in the Sports & Recreation industry.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• Be employed by AFL SportsReady.
• Work on-site with St Margaret’s Anglican School
• Study for an accredited qualification: Certificate III Sport and Recreation
ABOUT THE ROLE
HOURS OF WORK
• Monday – Friday
• 38 hours a week in total
• Commencing January 2020
Must have the flexibility to work outside normal hours – before school training, evenings and Saturday morning are usually required by the Head of Sport
38 hours a week the hours will be agreed with the successful candidate and are likely to include some work before school, evenings and Saturdays at training sessions and games. The successful candidate must be flexible to work these hours as required.
St Margaret’s vision is to always be an outstanding day and boarding school for girls.
In a supportive Christian environment, reflecting the philosophy of the Sisters of the Society of the Sacred Advent, St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School aims to provide excellence in teaching and learning within a broad, balanced and flexible curriculum complemented by other school activities, preparing confident, compassionate, capable women able to contribute in a global community.
The school’s six core values of spirit, faith, integrity, courage, respect and passion are embedded in every endeavour that the students undertake.
Spirit: A St Margaret’s girl will value and demonstrate an enthusiasm for the school, our heritage and our environment. The St Margaret’s spirit is in all students and is there for life. It is a thread which connects St Margaret’s girls with each other.
Faith: A St Margaret’s girl welcomes and embraces all in sharing the Christian message, the spirit of love through example, compassion, hope and charity. She demonstrates her faith by service to those members of the wider community who need assistance.
Integrity: A St Margaret’s girl is known for her honesty, trustworthiness, loyalty, courtesy, understanding, reliability and ethical behaviour.
Courage: A St Margaret’s girl has strength of character and confidence in doing what is right. She has the courage to embrace challenge and change.
Respect: A St Margaret’s girl has respect for herself and others. She understands that she is a member of a diverse community and she takes responsibility as a team member to care, support and cooperate with others.
Passion: A St Margaret’s girl has a positive outlook on life. She understands that commitment and persistence are necessary for learning and achievement.
The Anglican faith underpins all that we do at St Margaret’s and is enacted daily by each member of the St Margaret’s community as we interact with each other.
There’s a way in which we strive to do things at St Margaret’s; a way in which we seek to treat people throughout our community; and a way in which we aim to serve others. Underpinned by our school values, St Margaret’s has developed a document which expresses the St Margaret’s Way.
Learn more about the St Margaret’s https://www.stmargarets.qld.edu.au/discover-st-margaret-s/our-school
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our Traineeship are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
• GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with St Margaret’s Anglican School
• GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
• GET NETWORKED:Build a network of key industry contacts
• GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
• GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners (Conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
• GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide general office and clerical support to the Sports Department. This may include booking facilities and transport, word processing, data input and community correspondence
• Assist the department and Sports Coordinators in the organisation, set up and planning of sporting fixtures (this may include before and after-hours work – including weekends)
• Conduct and maintain an audit of sport equipment, and arrange replacement and repair when necessary
• Assist the Head of Sport with the preparation and organisation of Inter-House Swimming, Cross Country and Athletics Carnivals
• Assist with coaching in one or more of the following sports: AFL, Athletics, Basketball, Cross-Country, Hockey, Cricket, Netball, Rowing, Swimming, Tennis, Touch Football, Volleyball, Water Polo.
• Ensure sport storage areas are always maintained and in neat condition
• Identify equipment to be repaired, replaced, and assist in ordering where required.
• Attend relevant meetings with Head of Sport when requested.
• Other duties as determined by the Head of Sport.
• Demonstrate solid administration Skills; and the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
• Must be able to work in a team environment and adhere to school mission and values
• Applicants with a background or experience in the Sports Industry or in a school environment will be highly regarded.
• Must have strong computer skills in all Microsoft applications
• Must have sound communication skills – both oral and written
• Demonstrate ability in time management and organisation skills and be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines; be able to respond rapidly to change
• Senior First Aid/CPR (will be delivered as part of the Certificate 3)
• Permanent right to work in Australia
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
$21,500 – $30,000+9.5 % Superannuation
- National Training Wage Award
- Fully Funded Qualification
- People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
- This position is best suited to a recent secondary school leaver.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have:
- Drivers License
- Working With Children Check
Applications for this position will close:
December 13, 2019 5:00 pm
All applications must include:
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
- Application Details
- Position Details
- Previous Employment
- About your time at school
- Previous Education