ABOUT THE ROLE
AFL SportsReady currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in the Sports & Recreation industry.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• Be employed by AFL SportsReady.
• Work on-site with Lumen Christi Catholic College in Pambula on the NSW South Coast.
• Study for an accredited qualification: Certificate III in Sport and Recreation.
Reporting to the Assistant Principal – Pastoral Care, the main purpose of this role will be to support the operation of College wide programs, extra curricula activities and sport administration at the school.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our Traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
• GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with Lumen Christi Catholic College
• GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
• GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
• GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
• GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners (Conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
• GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• PDHPE department administrative duties including: organising/entering teams, booking travel, recording results, permission slips, noticeboard and website updates. This also includes assisting with the organisation and running of primary, high school and association swimming, cross country and athletics carnivals. Preparing newsletters and articles on sporting achievements, liaising with accounts and responsibility for representative uniform distribution and collection will also be within the role.
• Work closely with the Sports Coordinator and assist with coaching sporting teams and running training sessions for primary students. There will also be the opportunity to gain additional coaching work if the applicant has a strength in required areas.
• Assisting the Head of PDHPE K-12 with set up of some PE classes as well as auditing the storerooms & maintaining all the equipment.
• Attending sports events, gala days, College camps or other excursions
• Instigating and leading before/after school or lunchtime fitness programs, skills development lessons or lunchtime sport competitions
• Provide assistance to other College faculty areas, as required.
• Strong interest in Sport and/or teaching or coaching
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Sound computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office Programs
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to use your initiative to get things done independently and efficiently
• Working with Children Check or ability to obtain
• Drivers Licence
• Surf Rescue Certificate or Bronze Medallion
• Current CPR
• Level 2 / Senior / First Aid
The applicant must be an immediate past (2021) Yr.12 student of Lumen Christi Catholic College.
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
$19,000 – $25,000 plus 10% Superannuation
- National Training Wage Award
- Fully Funded Qualification
- People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
- This position is best suited to a recent secondary school leaver.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have:
- Working With Children Check
Applications for this position will close:
October 25, 2021 5:00 pm
All applications must include:
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
- Application Details
- Position Details
- Job Specific Requirements
- Previous Employment
- About your time at school
- Previous Education