ABOUT THE ROLE
AFL SportsReady is currently recruiting for a Multicultural Programs Trainee to join the team at AFL NSW/ACT – Greater Sydney as part of the Bachar Houli Employment Program.
The Federal Government has provided funding support traineeships for young people engaged in Australia’s Islamic community to work across the AFL industry over a 12 month period to gain critical work experience and job skills. The AFL in turn has partnered with AFL SportsReady to offer a unique traineeship opportunity as part of the Bachar Houli Employment Program.
• Work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, exciting environment
• Get paid while studying for a nationally recognised qualification
• Learn new skills in leadership & administration
• Make your mark in a growing organisation
The role is on a full time traineeship basis and has been offered through the AFL Bachar Houli Employment Program to support young aspiring adults of Muslim background to gain employment across the AFL NSW/ACT business. The traineeship is focused on connecting new migrants and refugees as well as Indigenous communities to the game of AFL. The position will have a community focus and work with the regional game development teams to build sustainable school and community programs across the Indigenous and Multicultural Portfolio.
The position will be based across AFL NSW/ACT’s Sydney offices at Moore Park and Blacktown.
The successful applicant will be legally employed by AFL SportsReady, but will work on-site with AFL NSW/ACT and receive an accredited Certificate III in Business qualification (on successful completion). The traineeships will commence in January 2022 and you will work full-time (38 hours per week) for the duration of the school year whilst completing the qualification to compliment the on the job learning.
The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting a constantly evolving national competition which has experienced rapid growth over the past 11 years, particularly in NSW. The AFL has over 600 permanent employees around the country, and AFL NSW are responsible for growing and developing Australian Football across the State.
For more information about the Host Employer please visit: http://aflnswact.com.au/
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the purpose of this role will be to support the development of AFL NSW/ACT, as part of their Game Development teams across the Greater Sydney region.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our Traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
• GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with AFL – NSW/ACT – Greater Sydney
• GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
• GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
• GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
• GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners (Conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
• GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain school and community relationships with the Multicultural and Indigenous communities (with a focus on those located in Greater Western Sydney).
• Support Multicultural Programs to connect new migrants and refugees to the game of AFL.
• Support Diversity and Regional teams to develop and deliver sustainable community programs and In-School and After-School programs.
• Support Indigenous programs to deliver talent camps and community programs.
• Build connections and pathways to access the GWS Learning Life Centre
• Work with the media team to generate content for the website and social media platforms.
• Promote the values of the AFL business.
• Provide in-class tutoring and support.
• A permanent right to work in Australia
• Must have completed HSC
• A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Indigenous, Muslim and Multicultural communities
• A demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with diverse communities
• A passion for sport the desire to help grow the fan base of the AFL
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Proficient use of computer programs, such as Microsoft Office.
• Experience in teaching/coaching skills to young people/leading teams/public speaking/performance
• Must have Driver’s License and own vehicle
• Working with Children Check or ability to obtain prior to commencement
• Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless a medical exemption applies) and provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination by way of a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate or Immunisation History Statement or evidence of medical exemption in the prescribed form.
Applicants from a Muslim background are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
$21,500 – $30,000 plus 10% Superannuation
- National Training Wage Award
- Fully Funded Qualification
- People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
- This position is best suited to a recent secondary school leaver.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have:
- Drivers License
- Working With Children Check
Applications for this position will close:
December 5, 2021 5:00 pm
All applications must include:
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
- Application Details
- Position Details
- Job Specific Requirements
- Previous Employment
- About your time at school
- Previous Education