Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic).
AFL SportsReady in partnership with the University of Melbourne are currently recruiting for multiple Administrative and Business Support roles to join their team based at University of Melbourne Parkville Campus.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Melbourne Indigenous Professional Employment Program (MIPEP) offers Indigenous Australians a two-year employment development opportunity through the provision of direct work activities and completion of a nationally recognised qualification at the Diploma level (Diploma in Business).
In addition to the qualification, The University of Melbourne will provide in-house training in systems and processes for the participants relevant to their position.
In year one of the program, recruits will work a nine-day fortnight and attend in-house training for one day which will be delivered on campus by AFLSportsReady. Recruits will also participate in a structured mentoring program and engage in enrichment activities within their first year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Standard use of a range of computer-based programs, e.g. word processing, established spreadsheet or database applications, and management of information systems (e.g. financial, student or human resource systems). This may include storing and retrieving documents, layout of correspondence and reports, merge, move and copy, use of columns, tables and basic graphics, and data entry.
- Provide general administrative and business support to other staff including setting up meetings, answering queries and directing others to appropriate personnel.
- Arrange catering or liaising with various service providers.
- Provide client focused services and continually maintain and develop positive relationships with employees, students and colleagues.
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) responsibilities.
High attention to detail with the ability to prioritise tasks, identify issues, problem solve and improve processes. For example: What tasks are you currently responsible for, what issues have arisen, how did you solve the issues, and what was put in place to rectify the issues arising again.
Demonstrated effective written and verbal communications skills to adapt to a wide range of stakeholders. For example: Provide an explanation of a time you have had to communicate with a manager, client and/or customer.
Committed team player with the capability to collaborate to achieve team goals. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport. For example: In the past how have you adapted your communication style to suite a specific situation or people.
- Are enthusiastic and committed about developing their career with University of Melbourne
- Ability to be flexible and be a real team player
- Has a great eye for detail and is outcome focused
- Prides themselves on quality service and
- Produce quality work
The successful candidate will receive:
- $67,872.00 p.a plus 9.5 Superannuation – full time fixed term 24-month contract
- Fully funded qualification
Successful applicants will:
- Be supported by a dedicated AFL SportsReady Aboriginal mentor
- Engage in an Enrichment Program through the University of Melbourne.
Position is best suited to a(n):
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates only
- Applications for this position will close: Sunday 31st May 2020, 5PM(EST) and must include:
- A tailored cover letter
- A statement that outlines your experience relating to the Selection Criteria
- An up to date resume / CV
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE MY APPLICATION IS RECEIVED BY AFL SPORTSREADY?
Your application will be processed for the MIPEP. All candidates will be contacted by June 30, 2020 as to the outcome of their application.
Applicants are required to undertake a literacy and numeracy assessment to better inform position placements and level of assistance required to complete the Diploma.
Please note: if you are shortlisted, you are required to attend the Parkville campus. Due to current events, official dates will be confirmed at a later stage.
- MIPEP Information Day TBC, July 2020
- MIPEP Assessment and Panel Interviews TBC, July 2020