|ABOUT THE ROLE
AFL SportsReady currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in the Nursing and Health Sciences industry. As the successful applicant, you will:
- Be employed by AFL SportsReady
- Work on-site with Flinders University in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Study for an accredited qualification: Certificate III in Business
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
- GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
- GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with Flinders University
- GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
- GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
- GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
- GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners (Conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
- GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
If you are an Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive on-on-one mentoring support and networking opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing general laboratory assistance across the Health Care Simulation Team including general housekeeping of the prep room, storeroom, clinical / science laboratories
- Assisting with booking system and follow up over-due items
- Data entry, maintaining databases, office filing and documentation
- Assisting in Exercise and Sports Science, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology practical space
- Assistance with simulation and mixed reality units
- General administrative support including, printing, laminating, labeling, stationery ordering, data entry and typing minutes
- A permanent right to work in Australia
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and liaise with staff, students and members of the public.
- Demonstrated effective word processing, database, email and internet skills
- Effective organisational skills, including proven ability to priorities tasks, meeting competing deadlines, work independently in a busy environment
- Attention to detail, accountable for undertaking tasks, maintaining records and procedures
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
This position requires a Working with Children Check. If successful, AFL SportsReady will assist in your application.
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
- National Training Wage Award ($21,500 – $30,000) + 9.5% Superannuation
- Fully funded qualification – qualification can be negotiated depending upon successful applicant and their interests.
People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship. For a copy of the Position Description, please email [email protected]
Position is best suited to a:
- Recent secondary school leaver and a desire to undertake a Health – Science- based Tertiary degree
Applications for this position will close: Friday the 9th of September 2019, 5PM and must include:
- A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and your career ambitions.
- A resume / CV
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.