ABOUT THE ROLE
• Work on-site with Aberfoyle Park High School
• Supportive team environment
• Fully funded qualification: Certificate III in Horticulture
• Support from a dedicated AFL SportsReady Field Officer to help you achieve your goals
• If you are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our employment pathways are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Summary of the broad purpose of the position and its desired outcomes.
Grounds and buildings maintenance employee is responsible for assisting in the provision of effective and efficient maintenance pertaining to the school.
2. Reporting/working relationships
The grounds and maintenance employee is accountable to the principal through the senior grounds person who reports to the business leader.
3. Special conditions
• Responding to Abuse and Neglect Training must be completed
• Employee will be required to be cleared through a Department of Human Services (DHS) Working With Children Check (WWCC) prior to confirmation of appointment and 5 years thereafter.
• some out of hours work may be required.
4. Statement of desired outcomes and associated duties
Contribute to the effective and efficient maintenance pertaining to the schools sites grounds by:
• support the management of effective and efficient irrigation and watering systems on campus
• coordinate and ensure basic garden maintenance as required. eg pruning, weeding spraying and fertilising
• ensuring management of safe disposal of waste on a daily basis and during holiday period
• support systems and routines to ensure all machinery on campus is maintained and in working order at all times
• mowing and maintenance of lawns/ovals.
Contribute to the effective and efficient maintenance of facilities by:
• ensuring building and grounds security
• appraise and address maintenance requests and minor repairs to ensure WHS standards are maintained
• determine and appraise furniture maintenance requests and manage replacement and or repairs
• repairs and or minor works to be conducted in light of WHS legislation
• establish and keep accurate asset and maintenance records.
Contribute to the schools culture by:
• engaging in programs with students.
Contribute to the accurate information system by.
• by following electronic filing procedures.
Contribute to the care, general well-being and safety of all students by monitoring student behaviour and taking appropriate action in accordance with child protection requirements as described in the departmental policies and procedures.
Applying and promoting the Public Sector principles and practices, employee conduct standards and equal opportunity.
Contributing to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by taking personal accountability by identifying and reporting incidents, hazards and injuries in accordance with DfE policy & procedure, and cooperating and complying with reasonable instructions of DfE line management and WHS Officers.
Job Requirements for this role:
- A permanent right to work in Australia
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management / organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
$21,500 – $30,000 plus 11% Superannuation
- National Training Wage Award
- Fully Funded Qualification
- People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
- This position is best suited to a recent secondary school leaver.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have:
- Drivers License
- Working With Children Check
Applications for this position will close:
March 1, 2024 5:00 pm
All applications must include:
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
- Application Details
- Position Details
- Job Specific Requirements
- Previous Employment
- About your time at school
- Previous Education