ABOUT THE ROLE
AFL SportsReady currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in teaching, support teaching, social work or coaching.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• Be employed by AFL SportsReady for the duration of the 2022 school year
• Work on-site with Lumen Christi Catholic College, Pambula
• Study for an accredited qualification: Certificate III Business or Certificate III in Sport & Recreation
Reporting to the Assistant Principal Pastoral Care or Director of Studies, the main purpose of this role will be to support the operation of College wide programs, extra curricula activities and student events at the school.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our Traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
• GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with Lumen Christi Catholic College
• GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
• GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
• GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
• GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners (Conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
• GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with Assistant Principal – Pastoral Care or Director of Studies on a weekly basis to outline College wide duties. These duties include: active involvement with the College Pastoral Program, Religious Education, PDHPE or Creative & Performing Arts (CAPA) and Yr.9 Project Based Learning (PBL) and Community work.
• On a needs basis attend College camps, Retreats and other excursions.
• When working in Pastoral Care you might be assisting a teacher with the supervision and / or intervention with a particular student, assist with special withdrawal programs or be contributing to and delivering aspects of the formal Pastoral Program. You will also assist with special events such as assemblies and graduations.
• When working with the Religious Education faculty you might be assisting with programming and contributing to lessons under the guidance of a teacher, assist with planning, organizing and delivering Retreats K to 12 and taking a role in community initiatives such as Social Justice Advocates.
• When working with PBL or CAPA, you might be working collaboratively with staff to maximize learning opportunities, or contribute to the organization of creative arts events. Eg. Instrumental music nights, year 12 showcase, musical and film events.
• Strong support of Lumen Christi’s Catholic ethos
• Interest in teaching or pastoral / social work or coaching
• Sound oral and written communication skills
• Sound computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office Programs
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to use your initiative to get things done independently and efficiently
• Current Working with Children Check or ability to obtain
• Prepared to study an approved course
• Drivers Licence
• Surf Rescue Certificate or Bronze Medallion
• Current CPR
• Level 2 / Senior / First Aid
The applicant must be an immediate past (2021) Yr.12 student of Lumen Christi Catholic College.
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
$19,000 – $25,000 plus 10% Superannuation
- National Training Wage Award
- Fully Funded Qualification
- People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
- This position is best suited to a recent secondary school leaver.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have:
- Working With Children Check
Applications for this position will close:
October 25, 2021 5:00 pm
All applications must include:
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
- Application Details
- Position Details
- Job Specific Requirements
- Previous Employment
- About your time at school
- Previous Education