Will you be a Year 10 or 11 student in 2020 looking to pursue a career in the Banking and Financial Services Industry? We currently have school-based traineeship opportunities that can set your career up once you complete your secondary education.
AFL SportsReady believes in a fair and united Australia, where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have the same opportunities and access to education, training and employment as other Australians.
Through Warumilang, (AFL Sportsready’s Indigenous Program), our vision is to provide opportunities for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people to start their careers with confidence, qualifications and skills.
ABOUT THE ROLE
AFL SportsReady currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in the retail banking industry. As the successful applicant, you will:
- Be employed by AFL SportsReady
- Work on-site with Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Study for an accredited qualification: Certificate II in Business
For more information about CBA’s Indigenous Careers Program, please visit: https://www.commbank.com.au/about-us/careers/working-here/indigenouscareers.html
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
- GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
- GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (One-on-one Mentors, Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
- GET INVITED: Gatherings and network sessions for Indigenous trainees
- GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
- GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and receive a fully funded qualification
- GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver excellent customer service
- General administrative support
- Client and customer relations
- Respond to customer service enquiries
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Capacity to problem-solve
- Passing Maths and English
- Must be committed to work 50 (paid) days over each 12 month period
This position requires a National Police Check. If successful, AFL SportsReady will assist in your application. ________________________________________________________________
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
- National Training Wage Award
- Fully funded qualification
Position is best suited to a(n):
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Year 10 or 11 High School Student in 2020
Applications for this position will close: Sunday, 8 September 2019, 5PM and must include:
- A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and your career ambitions.
- A resume / CV
- Copy of your most recent school report
“TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE”
From the Djab wurrung people
AFL SportsReady’s Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Program