Warumilang, in partnership with Brisbane City Council are now seeking applications from First Nations university students to undertake a paid Cadetship.
What is a Cadetship?
The Cadetship Programme supports Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students to complete their undergraduate degree, and gain professional work experience within the organisation. Cadets are provided with a study allowance, and 10 weeks of paid work per year as part of the programme.
Cadetship opportunities are available in a range of areas including:
- Engineering (civil, mechanical, environmental)
- business and data analytics
- human resources
- planning and environment
- procurement/contract management
- project management
- finance and accounting
- information and communications technology programming and development.
- Professional and practical paid industry experience
- Opportunities to establish an industry network
- Access to an Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander mentor
- Cadet receives up to $12,000 Study Allowance paid in fortnightly instalments over the university year
- Cadet receives up to $500 Book and Equipment each semester
Am I eligible?
Positions are open to students all around Australia. To be considered for a Cadetship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be of Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Identify as an Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Be accepted as an Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which they live or have lived
- Be enrolled for full-time study (defined as at least 75% of the full-time study load) occurring on campus at a university located in Australia
- Be enrolled in their first undergraduate degree course
- Be an Australian resident
Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply for this position. This action constitutes an equal opportunity measure by virtue of section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (QLD).
How to apply
Please complete the form below to submit your application.
To find out more, please contact The Warumilang Team at AFL SportsReady: [email protected]
The applications for this job are closed.