|ABOUT THE ROLE
AFL SportsReady currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in the administration industry. As the successful applicant, you will:
- Be employed by AFL SportsReady
- Work on-site with Office of the Public Advocate
- Study for an accredited qualification: Certificate III Business
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
- GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
- GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with Office of the Public Advocate
- GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
- GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
- GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
- GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners (Conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
- GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- General administrative support
- Perform desk top computer tasks across a range of programs
- Computer tasks include basic word processing, email, data entry and internet functions
- Act as point of contact for volunteer enquiries
- Assist and support staff on range of tasks and projects eg meeting/event organisation including booking venues, ordering catering, booking accommodation, room setup & tidy
- Participate in the reception roster
- Minute taking at meetings
- A permanent right to work in Australia
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management / organisational skills
- Capacity to problem-solve
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
- National Training Wage Award + 9.5% Superannuation
- Fully funded qualification
People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
Position is best suited to a:
- Recent secondary school leaver
Applications for this position will close: Friday, 30 / 08 / 2019, 5PM and must include:
- A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and your career ambitions.
- A resume / CV