ABOUT THE ROLE
Don’t settle for a boring job, when you can kick-start a career in an industry you love. We are currently recruiting for two Young Leader roles with the team at AFL NSW/ACT – Sydney.
• Work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, exciting environment
• Get paid while studying for a nationally recognised qualification
• Learn new skills in leadership & administration
• Make your mark in a growing organisation
We are looking for two outstanding individuals who are wanting to launch a career in sports administration and/or sports development. This specifically designed program will introduce the trainee to all aspects of the AFL NSW/ACT business with a focus on customer service, game development, leadership and sales skills. You will be trained by experts in their field to be the public face of the AFL brand in the community and across schools.
The successful applicant will be employed by AFL SportsReady, but will work on-site with AFL NSW/ACT and receive an accredited Certificate III in Business qualification (on successful completion). The traineeships will commence in January 2022 and you will work full-time (38 hours per week) for the duration of the school year whilst completing the qualification to compliment the on the job learning.
The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting a constantly evolving national competition which has experienced rapid growth over the past 11 years, particularly in NSW. The AFL has over 600 permanent employees around the country, and AFL NSW are responsible for growing and developing Australian Football across the State.
For more information about the Host Employer please visit: http://aflnswact.com.au/
The purpose of this role will be to support the development of AFL NSW/ACT in the following areas:
• Community Football
• NAB Auskick
• AFL in schools
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our Traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
• GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
• GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with AFL NSW/ACT – Sydney
• GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
• GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
• GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
• GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners (Conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
• GET A HEAD START: Experience + Education + Networks
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• General administrative support
• Deliver and support the coordination of participation programs, focusing on AFL skill acquisition
• Support the delivery of promotional activities both in schools and the wider community
• Provide exceptional levels of customer service to participants, community clubs and staff of Australia’s Game
• Be a positive and engaging ‘Brand Ambassador’ of the AFL at all times
• A permanent right to work in Australia
• A passion for sport and the desire to help grow the fan base of the AFL
• Energetic & confident personality
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficient use of computer programs, such as Microsoft Office
• Experience in teaching/coaching skills to young people/leading teams/public speaking/performance
• Drivers License and own vehicle
• Working with Children Check or ability to obtain prior to commencement
• Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless a medical exemption applies) and provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination by way of a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate or Immunisation History Statement or evidence of medical exemption in the prescribed form.
This position is only applicable for a 2021 secondary school leaver (i.e. completed Year 12 this year).
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
$21,500 – $30,000 plus 10% Superannuation
- National Training Wage Award
- Fully Funded Qualification
- People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
- This position is best suited to a recent secondary school leaver.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have:
- Drivers License
- Working With Children Check
- I am a 2021 school leaver (i.e. completed Year 12 this year)?
Applications for this position will close:
December 5, 2021 5:00 pm
All applications must include:
- A Cover Letter
- A Resume
- Application Details
- Position Details
- Job Specific Requirements
- Previous Employment
- About your time at school
- Previous Education