Don’t settle for a boring job, when you can kick-start a career in an industry you love. We are currently recruiting for a Young Leader with the team at AFL NSW ACT – Canberra.
- Work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Get paid while studying for a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn new skills in leadership & administration
- Make your mark in a growing organisation
ABOUT THE ROLE
AFL SportsReady currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in the sporting industry.
We are looking for outstanding individuals who are looking to launch a career in sports administration and/or sports development. This specifically designed program will introduce the trainee to all aspects of the AFL ACT business with a focus on customer service, game development, leadership and sales skills. You will be trained by experts in their field to be the public face of the AFL brand in the community and across the Canberra schools network.
The successful applicant will be legally employed by AFL SportsReady, but will work on-site with AFL NSW/ACT and receive an accredited Certificate III in Business qualification (on successful completion). The traineeship will commence in January 2019 and you will work full-time (38 hours per week) for the duration of the school year and also complete a tailored Certificate III Business qualification to complement the on the job learning.
The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting a constantly evolving national competition which has experienced rapid growth over the past 10 years, particularly in NSW/ACT. The AFL has over 600 permanent employees around the country, and AFL NSW/ACT are responsible for growing and developing Australian Football across the State.
For more information about the Host Employer please visit:
Reporting to the Development Coordinator, the purpose of this role will be to support the development of AFL NSW/ACT, as part of their Game Development team in the Canberra region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- General administrative support
- Deliver and support the coordination of participation programs, focusing on AFL skill acquisition, GWS Giants and AFL-fan development as well as community engagement
- Support the delivery of promotional activities both in schools and the wider community
- Provide exceptional levels of customer service to new fans and players of Australia’s Game
- Be a positive and engaging ‘Brand Ambassador’ of the AFL at all times
- Drivers Licence and vehicle
- A passion for sport the desire to help grow the fan base of the AFL
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven experience in working within a team to unite towards one goal
- Proficient use of computer programs, such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience in teaching/coaching skills to young people/leading teams/public speaking/performance
- Working with Children Check or ability to gain one
- Must be an Australian Citizen
The successful candidate will receive:
- National Training Wage Award + 9.5% Superannuation
- Fully funded qualification
As a member of the AFL SportsReady team, you can:
- Earn the national training wage while you learn
- Take the first steps of your career in an industry of your choice
- Obtain on-the-job training and essential work experience
- Complete a nationally recognised qualification (Certificate III)
- Entry to our University partners + course credit (Diploma – conditions apply)
- Be supported every step of the way
Unfortunately as these are traineeship positions, applicants who have completed tertiary qualifications are not eligible to apply. Position is best suited to a:
- Recent secondary school leaver
Applications for this position will close: Friday 30 November 2018, 5pm and must include:
- A tailored cover letter
- An up to date resume / CV
For more information on this position or any other opportunities at AFL SportsReady, please contact:
State Manager NSW ACT
T: (02) 8333 8013
E: [email protected]
View our Privacy Notification Statement.