AFL SportsReady is a proud program partner with the More Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Teachers Initiative (MATSITI).
SportsReady Education is currently developing a custom Certificate III in Education Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island students. This qualification will offer flexibility for participants working in schools without formal qualifications and those who are planning to participate in a post-school traineeship.
The MATSITI project is an extension of the AFL SportsReady long-running school support program and is expected to be rolled out across Australia in 2017.
Our partnership aims to:
- Develop an adapted Certificate III in Education Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students including potential school based trainees.
- Deliver this program to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have completed Year 12 and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander school support staff.
- Identify prospective students and support staff across Australia, while preparing them to take part in traineeships during 2017.
- Develop ongoing relationships with schools as workplace partners in the traineeships program.
- Articulate direct university entry pathways for trainees with AFL SportsReady’s tertiary partners in each state.
- Recruit program graduates as teacher aides in partner schools as a career starter, where appropriate.
- Promote the MATSITI program on a national level.
To find out more about MATSITI: CLICK HERE.
To find out more about the SportsReady Education Certificate III in Education Support, contact:
Senior Educator – Design and Quality
T: (03) 8413 3552
E: [email protected]