HOW TO MANAGE A SUCCESSFUL TRAINEE
The most successful traineeships result from engaged host employers and supervisors who support their trainee’s development. We believe it is essential for host employers to take time to understand their trainee and how they learn, which helps get the most out of the experience.
As a host employer, you only have a few essential responsibilities:
- Provide a safe working environment
- Provide meaningful work for your trainee to complete
- Sign the fortnightly timesheets prepared by your trainee
- Help develop and support your trainee throughout their traineeship
- Support the trainee’s formal education
For more information on your role as a host employer, please read our Policies and Procedures or contact us.
If you are working with an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander trainee, we strongly recommend that you and your staff participate in our Cultural Awareness Training (CAT). We deliver the training to organisations that wish to obtain a greater understanding of Indigenous culture and are seeking practical assistance to build culturally inclusive workplaces.
For more information, contact us:
Cultural Awareness Training Contact Us