BiOC, in partnership with AFL SportsReady, is seeking applications from Midwife University Students for employment as an Indigenous Cadet.
The Midwife cadet performs a range of clinical support activities and on the job skills development while engaged in formal full-time tertiary studies necessary to acquire an entry level qualification for employment as a Health Practitioner in Queensland. The cadet will work under the delegation and supervision of an industry professional in the provision of effective patient care.
The program assists the cadet in understanding the Social and Emotional needs of our community and will support transitioning the cadet’s tertiary studies into practical job skills in readiness for the transition to employment.
The cadet will assist with the delivery of some health care services and deliver education to our community. The student will also gain a broad understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a Child Health Nurse and Family Support Worker within an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service. You will have the opportunity to actively collaborate with a variety of support networks, such as Community Elders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Family Support Workers, Midwives, Social Health supports.
12 weeks work placement per year
Cadets are employed as a temporary part time employee to gain experience during their 12 weeks of work placement which is scheduled to fit around their full-time study commitments during the calendar year.
Hourly rate. In addition to this, the successful cadets may also be eligible to receive additional funding of up to $13,000 which is paid in increments throughout the school year.
This role is based at the IUIH Salisbury Mums and Bubs Hub, 96 Blomfield Street, Salisbury.
Under s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
- Professional and practical paid industry experience
- Opportunities to establish an industry network
- Access to an Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander mentor
- Cadet receives up to $12,000 Study Allowance paid in fortnightly instalments over the university year
- Cadet receives $500 Book and Equipment each semester
- Salary: $57,700.00 per annum (pro-rata)
Am I eligible?
To be considered for a Cadetship you must meet the following criteria:
- be of Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; identify as an Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander; be accepted as an Aboriginal Australian and/or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which they live, or has lived.
- be enrolled for full-time study (defined as at least 75% of the full-time study load) occurring on campus at a university located in Australia;
- be enrolled for their first undergraduate degree course;
- be an Australian resident.
Contact information and how to apply
Please click “apply now” to submit your application.
For further information please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0457 772 600