The 2018 Jill Lindsay Scholarship
Jill Lindsay was a trailblazer within the Australian Football industry. For more than 40 years, Jill worked for the AFL and was a hero to generations of staff and football people who worked with and admired her. Jill remains the longest-serving employee in the history of the VFL / AFL and was the first woman honoured with an AFL Life Membership.
Jill started her career as the VFL’s Office Clerk, quickly advancing through the ranks in a variety of roles including Match Day Supervisor, Operations Manager, Membership Manager, and finally as the AFL’s Ground Operations Manager. She was a mentor to many women across the football industry and a loyal and trusted friend to those who knew her. She was a natural leader whose inner strength and support for colleagues made the people around her walk taller.
Sadly, in 2010 Jill lost her battle with cancer and her passing was deeply felt across the broader football community. While she is lost to us, she will never be forgotten. The AFL Commission created a scholarship in Jill Lindsay’s name, recognising her outstanding service to the game and to further promote careers for women in sports administration.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All female graduates of AFL SportsReady, who are currently working in the AFL industry are encouraged to apply.
The scholarship aims to inspire women within the football industry and promote the AFL as a career pathway for the next generation of sports administrators.
The scholarship recipient will receive:
- $20,000 Education Grant to enrol in a course of their choosing. eg. short course / university contribution
- A personal mentor for 6 months (Andi Pert, HR consultant specialising in leadership development and executive coaching)
- A laptop of their choosing to assist in furthering their education and career objectives. eg. MAC or PC
- 2011 Nicole Rowlings, Carlton FC
- 2012 Hayley Robinson, AFL Umpires Assoc.
- 2013 Lauren Byrnes, AFL SportsReady
- 2014 Emily Buysen, North Melbourne FC
- 2015 Emily Wastle, AFL Queensland
- 2016 Chelsea Randall, Swan Districts FC
- 2017 Maddy Collier, AFL NSW/ACT
For more information, download:
> 2018 Jill Lindsay Scholarship – Flyer
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to use the link below to complete the nomination form and address the selection criteria.
> 2018 Jill Lindsay Scholarship – Nomination Form
Nominations close: 31 May, 5pm
Submit application: Mick Coyne, National Marketing and Communications Manager, AFL SportsReady
E: [email protected] | T: 0407 323 986
Winner announced: 22 June @ the 2018 AFL Women’s Industry Lunch